Female Leadership: Free Webinar!
Wednesday, July 8, 2015
2pm – 3pm ET
The glass ceiling is shattered. Or is it? While women are attending college and graduate school in greater numbers than men, women still earn approximately $.77 to every dollar that men make for equal work. Out of the Fortune 500, only 24 companies have women as CEOs (and 23 Fortune 500 companies have no female board directors). Yet thanks to studies by organizations such as Dow Jones and McKinsey & Company, it’s now common knowledge that companies with multiple women serving in senior leadership positions outperform those with minimal female leadership. So why are women not better represented in senior leadership positions? And what role can organizations play in addressing the particular needs of high potential women that are often unmet in traditional leadership development programs?
In this interactive webinar, Develop a Robust Female Leadership Pipeline, women’s leadership expert Alexia Vernon demystifies what emerging female leaders need—with respect to mentoring, coaching, and skill development—in order to be competitive and succeed in more senior leadership positions. Presenting research and real-world examples, she provides actionable recommendations for addressing women’s perceived lack of ambition, confidence, and skill. She identifies which of the top leadership competencies women struggle with most—and how companies can adjust traditional leadership development programs to empower women in these areas.
Participants Will Learn:
- Increase organizational effectiveness and profitability by understanding the fundamental ingredients of creating a leadership pipeline for high potential women.
- Discover how best in class women’s leadership initiatives and programs meet female leaders’ professional and learning needs.
- Explore how to create non-traditional leadership development, stretch assignments, and mentoring opportunities to support professional women with families.
- Apply your knowledge of why so many women’s leadership development efforts fail to the creation and/or adjustment of your own mentorship, coaching, and skill development programs.
Who Should Attend:
- Vice Presidents, Directors, and Managers of Learning and Development
- Vice Presidents, Directors, and Managers of HR
- Organizational Trainers and Coaches
- Departmental Managers
- External Executive Coaches and Consultants
About the Presenter:
Branded a “Moxie Maven” by the White House for her unique and effective approach to women’s leadership development, Alexia Vernon is the Founder and Director of Influencer Academy, a 9-month program for female leaders seeking to cultivate their skills in public speaking, persuasion, negotiation, coaching, facilitation, and high impact interpersonal communication. A former women’s studies and public speaking professor, Alexia has contributed to media including CNN, NBC, the Wall Street Journal, Inc., Forbes, and Women’s Health. To learn more about Alexia and Influencer Academy, visit http://www.InfluencerAcademy.com.
HRDQ-U is a free learning community for trainers and facilitators, coaches and consultants, organization development professionals, managers, supervisors and leaders; really anyone who shares our passion for soft-skills training and performance improvement.
We bring exciting content to you through live and on-demand webinars from subject matter experts and thought leaders to help you explore new ideas, gain industry insight, and improve people skills in your workplace.
Join us each week on Wednesdays at 2:00 pm ET for a fantastic hour of learning.