As technology advances, organizations are moving away from the traditional workplace setting to embrace the possibility—and the benefits—of “going virtual.” However, leading a geographically dispersed team is radically different from traditional face-to-face leadership, and it comes with a unique set of challenges, such as how to collaborate, manage accountability, inspire motivation, and build trust. Thankfully, help is here.
President of OnPoint Consulting and virtual team expert, Rick Lepsinger will present Leading from a Distance: Practical Tips for Successful Virtual Leadership. Based on the groundbreaking research study explored in his book Virtual Team Success, Rick will explore four critical areas that affect virtual leadership with practical strategies for effectively managing others from a distance. Register today—you won’t want to miss this powerful hour of learning.
Participants Will Learn:
- The key characteristics and behaviors of high-performing virtual teams and virtual team leaders.
- Strategies to enhance trust in a virtual work environment.
- How to apply tools to manage accountability from a distance
- Skills and techniques to manage effective virtual meetings (a.k.a. v-meetings).
Who Should Attend:
- Leaders who manage a geographically-dispersed workforce
- Managers of distributed teams or telecommuters
- Organization development professionals
- Human resources managers
About the Presenter:
A virtual team expert with more than 30 years experience and a proven track record as a human resource consultant and executive, Rick Lepsinger is the president of OnPoint Consulting. He is the co-author of several books on leadership and organizational effectiveness, including Closing the Execution Gap: How Great Leaders and Their Companies Get Results and Virtual Team Success: A Practical Guide for Working and Leading from a Distance. Rick currently sits on the faculty of GE’s Management Development Course (MDC) and leads the program, Making GE’s Global Matrix Work.
Register for other free webinars at www.HRDQU.com/upcoming